A Room Away From the Wolves
Publisher: Algonquin Young Readers
Release Date: September 4, 2018
Genre: Young Adult, Magical Realism, Mystery
Bina has never forgotten the time she and her mother ran away from home. Her mother promised they would hitchhike to the city to escape Bina’s cruel father and start over. But before they could even leave town, Bina had a new stepfather and two new stepsisters, and a humming sense of betrayal pulling apart the bond with her mother—a bond Bina thought was unbreakable.
Eight years later, after too many lies and with trouble on her heels, Bina finds herself on the side of the road again, the city of her dreams calling for her. She has an old suitcase, a fresh black eye, and a room waiting for her at Catherine House, a young women’s residence in Greenwich Village with a tragic history, a vow of confidentiality, and dark, magical secrets. There, Bina is drawn to her enigmatic downstairs neighbor Monet, a girl who is equal parts intriguing and dangerous. As Bina’s lease begins to run out, and nightmare and memory get tangled, she will be forced to face the terrible truth of why she’s come to Catherine House and what it will take for her to leave…
I’ve never read a book like A Room Away from the Wolves. Especially one that left me questioning what did I just read because it was so confusing and the narrator is unreliable. At the same time I couldn’t put the book down and I couldn’t get over how beautifully written this book is. Somehow though, this combination seemed to work perfectly. It is a strange, unique beautifully written book.
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18046369-a-room-away-from-the-wolves
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Room-Away-Wolves-Nova-Suma/dp/1616203730/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526490949&sr=8-1&keywords=a+room+away+from+the+wolves
- Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-room-away-from-the-wolves-nova-ren-suma/1127620698?ean=9781616203733#/
- Book Depository: https://www.bookdepository.com/Room-Away-From-Wolves-Nova-Ren-Suma/9781616203733?ref=grid-view&qid=1533879011974&sr=1-1
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/a-room-away-from-the-wolves
- IndieBound: https://www.indiebound.org/book/9781616203733
- iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/a-room-away-from-the-wolves/id1350019855?mt=11
Blog tour schedule link: http://fantasticflyingbookclub.blogspot.com/2018/08/tour-schedule-room-away-from-wolves-by.html
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Nova Ren Suma is the author of the YA novels THE WALLS AROUND US as well as the YA novels IMAGINARY GIRLS and 17 & GONE, which were both named 2014 Outstanding Books for the College Bound by YALSA. Her middle-grade novel, DANI NOIR, was reissued for a YA audience under the title FADE OUT. She has a BA in writing & photography from Antioch College and an MFA in fiction from Columbia University and has been awarded fiction fellowships from the New York Foundation for the Arts, the MacDowell Colony, Yaddo, the Djerassi Resident Artists Program, the Millay Colony, and an NEA fellowship for a residency at the Hambidge Center. She worked for years behind the scenes in publishing, at places such as HarperCollins, Penguin, Marvel Comics, and RAW Books, and now she teaches writing workshops. She is from various small towns across the Hudson Valley and lives and writes in New York City.
Find Nova online at novaren.com and on her blog distraction99.com.
- Prize: 1 copy of A ROOM AWAY FROM THE WOLVES by Nova Ren Suma
- US Only
- Starts: 8/20
- Ends: 9/5